Blade root reinforcements
Our pultruded blade root reinforcements combine unique strength and design freedom. The profiles are custom-made and ensure a quicker and more cost-efficient high-quality lamination process.
The patented pultruded blade root elements with integrated metal bushings from Fiberline Composites enables our customers to produce cost effective high strength blade roots.
The high bushing pull-out strength and the fact that bushings can be placed closer together makes a reduced blade root diameter possible compared to a conventional T-bolt solution.
The root elements are manufactured in a continuous pultrusion process, enabling a high and consistent quality.
For the blade manufacturer a reduced in-mould time is possible due to
- Less material to be placed in blade mould
- Fast installation of bushings
- Reduced infusion and curing time
The pultruded composite material is glass fiber reinforced polyurethane. Full-scale bushing components have been tested in tensile loading – both in static and fatigue loading.
Typical mechanical properties for the pultruded inserts
- Coupon tests for material characterization*: Longitudinal stiffness 38 GPa. Longitudinal strength 725 MPa
- Bushing component tests (M30 bushing): Static pull out strength 700-1000 kN. Fatigue slope (R=0.1) 12
*additional test data are available upon request